My built in microwave had the magnetron go bad.I called Mr.

Appliance and talked the the rep on the phone. Very nice and accommodating. She told me I was only responsible for the $89 if I did not get the repair done. I asked if they were reasonable and was told yes.

Day of service the tech arrived and said my magnetron was bad. He gave me an estimate of $456 to fix my $170 microwave. The part was $84 at Sears. They were charging $145 for the part and $300 for labor.

Of course I did not get the repair and paid the $90 for basically nothing. I asked the tech how many appliances they actually repair. He responded mostly only warranty jobs. I will be contacting the BBB as well.

Spread the word.Shady crooks!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of mr appliance microwave oven repair. Mr Appliance needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned mr appliance microwave oven repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Mr Appliance.

Comments

Do you have any idea what is required to replace the magnetron?Its a 2 man job, and the microwave has to be uninstalled and reinstalled, and it has to come completely apart.

OF COURSE it's going to be expensive.Be mad at the manufacturer for building a *** product, not at the people who want to make a few dollars for repairing it.

Surely you are smart enough to figure if the diagnostic charge you mentioned above is almost HALF the cost of a new one (your math, not mine), that repairing it is going to be 3 times cost of the diag.

Installation of a microwave alone costs $153 in my city.